This post looks at the second question in our series of questions to dog owners about their attitude to brachy breeds
MG&A asked owners a series of questions relating to the brachy breeds.
1. Which of the following best describes how you feel about pugs?
-They look cute, I’d love one!
-I feel neutral about Pugs
-I feel angry that they have been bred to look like this. I would never have one
2. Some breeds of dogs have been bred with flattened or distorted faces to look cute. Unfortunately this can lead to serious health issues such as breathing difficulties and infections. These breeds of dogs are called Brachycephalic breeds (meaning short skull) and include breeds such as Pugs, Boxers and French Bull Dogs. Were you aware that these breeds suffered from serious health problems because of the way they have been bred to look cute?
3. Because of these potentially serious health issues, some animal welfare groups are calling for companies to ban pugs, French Bull Dogs and other similar breeds of dog to be banned from being used in the media and in advertising campaigns as they fear that this increases demand for dogs bred with these deformities. How do you feel about these breeds being used in the media and advertising?
When asked “…Were you aware that these breeds suffered from serious health problems because of the way they have been bred to look cute”, nearly all owners (82%) said they were aware of this.
If you would like more information on this or any other survey, we’d love to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mo through LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/in/mogannon
Who is MG&A?
Based near London in UK, Mo Gannon & Associates (MG&A) provides B2B and B2C marketing consultancy and marketing research, specialising in agriculture, animal health and veterinary markets, both in UK and internationally.
MG&A utilises a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, including several different online approaches, in order to help clients achieve their objectives.
Typical challenges our clients ask us to help them with include…
• Identifying and satisfying market opportunities
• Generating, refining and evaluating marketing activities
• Monitoring market performance
These objectives often include techniques such as Gabor Granger or Van Westendorp pricing models, market segmentation, providing Net Promoter Scores etc.
MG&A also facilitates large group Stakeholder Engagement / Co-Creation Workshops for clients and their customers (this may or may not include de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats). MG&A also facilitates Customer Journey Mapping Workshops. More information can be found at www.mogannonassociates.com or on LinkedIn